Who Would Benefit from Breeding Feeder Insects
Anyone who needs to supply animals with live food will benefit from breeding crickets and cockroaches as outlined below:
- Reduce costs associated with providing live food for insectivorous animals such as reptiles, frogs, arachnids (spiders, scorpions) and fish.
- Produce an additional income by selling directly to the general public, pet stores and wildlife parks etc.
- Pet stores/wildlife parks and zoos which wish to breed crickets and cockroaches to reduce operating costs.
- Wildlife rescue carers who require large quantities of crickets or cockroaches to feed insectivorous mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians.
- Wildlife rescue groups that wish to raise money and provide inexpensive feeder crickets and cockroaches for their members or as a fund raiser.
- Crickets and cockroaches are now found in gourmet restaurants and are bred as a mainstream food source in Asia.
- University and research Institutes